1. Block B, Mazzola CA: Congenital Unilateral Lower Lip Palsy: A Case-Based Review. Childs Nerv Syst. 2023 Jan;39(1):35-40. doi: 10.1007/s00381-022-05695-1. Epub 2022 Oct 6. PMID: 36198892.
2. Xu JC, Haider SA, Mazzola CA, et al.: Telehealth in Neurosurgery: 2021 Council of State Neurosurgical Societies National Survey Results. World Neurosurgery,2022, ISSN 1878-8750, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2022.09.126.
3. Briney K, Estrella C, Mody S, Kalyoussef E, Nimchinsky EA, Mazzola CA: Multidisciplinary Management of Nasal Dermoid with Intracranial Extension. J Clin Images and Med Case Reports. 2022; 3(9): 2080. DOI: www.doi.org/10.52768/2766-7820/2080
4. Mazzola CA: Invited Commentary: Intellectual Property Protection in Neurosurgery: An Overview. NEUROSURGERY. Nov. 2022 – Vol. 91 - Issue 5 - p e124 doi: 10.1227/neu.0000000000002132
5. Lepard J, Mazzola CA, et al: Mechanisms of Peer Review and their Potential Impact on Neurosurgeons: A Pilot Survey. World Neurosurgery. WNEU19338. PII S1878-8750(22)01132-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2022.08.032
6. Saenz S, Wong J, Percy S, Monoky DJ, Mazzola CA. Atlantoaxial subluxation of the C1/C2 vertebrae in the pediatric patient: A case study. J Clin Images and Med Case Reports. Jun 10, 2022. Doi:10.52768/2766-7820/1883. ISSN 2766-7820
7. Block BR, Collins JJ, Rios JC, Mazzola CA. Maternal Levothyroxine Treatment as an Etiologic Factor in the Development of Infantile Craniosynostosis. J. Fetal Med. (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40556-022-00337-7
8. Rahman RK, Majmundar N, Ghani H, Mazzola CA. Neurosurgical management of patients with neurocutaneous melanosis: a systematic review. Neurosurg Focus. 2022;52(5):E8. doi:10.3171/2022.2.FOCUS21791
9. Rahman RK, Palin NBS, Murphy R, Mazzola CA. Management of spastic diplegic cerebral palsy and periventricular leukomalacia in a preterm 2-year-old: A case report and review of the literature. J Clin Images Med Case Rep. 2022; 3(4): 1772.
10. Caruso JP., Singh R., Mazzola C, Eldridge CM, et al. Trends in Racial and Ethnic Representation Among Neurosurgery Applicants and Residents: A Comparative Analysis of Procedural Specialties. World Neurosurgery 2022 Jul;163:e177-e186. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2022.03.145. Epub 2022 Apr 15. PMID: 35436580.
11. Mazzola CA: Letter: United States Medicolegal Progress and Innovation in telemedicine in the Age of COVID-19: A Primer for Neurosurgeons. Neurosurgery: February 2022 - Volume 90 - Issue 2 - p e52 doi: 10.1227/NEU.0000000000001797
12. Huntoon K, Stacy J, Cioffi S, Profitt C, Mazzola CA, Sales Representatives in the Operating Room: World Neurosurgery (2021), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2021.08.088.
13. Caruso JP, Adogwa O, Mazzola CA, Steinmetz M, Simon SD, Schirmer CM. An Assessment of Neurosurgery Resident Clinical and Socioeconomic Training: The 2013 Council of State Neurosurgical Societies Postresidency Survey Results. World Neurosurg. 2021;151:e28-e36. doi:10.1016/j.wneu.2021.03.033
14. Mazzola CA. Commentary: The Role of Gender in Neurosurgical Residency Applicants’ Letters of Recommendation, Neurosurgery, Volume 89, Issue 3, September 2021, Page E155, https://doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyab235
15. Ca M, Luo Y, Wu Z, Mazzola CA, Goodman A, Catania L, Alvarez TL, Halperin JM, Li X: Topological Aberrance of Structural Brain Network Provides Quantitative Markers of post-TBI Attention Deficits in Children. Brain Connectivity doi: 10.1089/brain.2020.0866
16. Bertoli MJ, Parikh K, Klyde D, Mazzola CA, Shah SP: Spinal arteriovenous malformation in a pediatric patient with a history of congenital syphilis: a case report. BMC Pediatrics (2021) 21:242 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12887-021-02707-y
17. Franklin RC, Behmer Hansen RA, Pierce JM, Tsitouras DJ, Mazzola CA. Reply to Oleske et al., Blood Lead Concentrations in Newark Children. Comment on “Franklin et al. Broken Promises to the People of Newark: A Historical Review of the Newark Uprising, the Newark Agreements, and Rutgers New Jersey Medical School’s Commitments to Newark. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2021, 18, 2117. Online Version: https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/8/4215.
18. Kandregula S, Lefever D, Trosclair K, Savardekar A, Menger R, Agarwal N, Kimmell K, Mazzola CA, Cozzens J, Rosenow J, Schirmer C, Guthikonda B: “There has got to be a better way: The Medical Legal Environment in Neurosurgery: An Informative Overview of the Stages of Litigation and Distinct Challenges. Accepted by World Neurosurgery. March 6, 2021. WNS-21-296R1.
19. Caruso JP, Adogwa O, Mazzola CA, Steinmetz M, Simon SD, Schirmer CM: An Assessment of Neurosurgery Resident Clinical and Socioeconomic Training: The 2013 Council of State Neurosurgical Societies Post-Residency Survey Results. World Neurosurg. 2021 Mar 12; S1878-8750(21)00401-0. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2021.03.033
20. Franklin RC, Behmer Hansen RA, Pierce JM, Tsitouras DJ, Mazzola CA. Broken Promises to the People of Newark: A Historical Review of the Newark Uprising, the Newark Agreements, and Rutgers New Jersey Medical School’s Commitments to Newark. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2021,18, 2117. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18042117
21. Ellen L Air, MD, PhD, Katie O Orrico, JD, Deborah L Benzil, MD, Alan M Scarrow, MD, JD, James R Bean, MD, Catherine A Mazzola, MD, Linda M Liau, MD, PhD, MBA, James T Rutka, MD, PhD, Karin M Muraszko, MD, Developing a Professionalism and Harassment Policy for Organized Neurosurgery, Neurosurgery, 2021; nyab051, https://doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyab051
22. Snee IA, Mazzola CA.Chiari I Malformation with Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome: case report and review of the literature; Childs Nerv Syst (25 January 2021) https://doi.org/10.1007/s00381-020-04992
23. Bogan MH, Bautista AC, Natoli LT, Morin RJ, Reddy GM, Mazzola CA. Secondary Craniosynostosis and Elevated Intracranial Pressure with Functioning Shunt: An Imaging Report. J Clin Med Img. Jan 25, 2021; V5(5): 1-3.
24. Snee I, Mazzola CA, Fellus J: Kleptomania and other Disinhibition Linked with Pseudobulbar Affect Resulting from TBI; Treatment Remission from Dextromethorphan/Quinidine 39 Years Post-Injury. J Cogn Neuropsychol. Vol. 4 No. 2: 02. 2020.
25. Markosian C, Mazzola CA, Tomycz LD: "Sodium Fluorescein-Guided Gross Total Resection of Pediatric Exophytic Brainstem Glioma: 2-Dimensional Operative Video". Operative Neurosurgery, opaa357, https://doi.org/10.1093/ons/opaa357. Published: 12 December 2020
26. Huntoon K, Stacy J, Cioffi S, Swartz K, Mazzola CA, Profitt C, Adogwa, O: The Enforceability of Noncompete Clauses in the Medical profession: A Review by the Workforce Committee and the Medicolegal Committee of the Council of State Neurosurgical Societies. Neurosurgery 87:1085-1090, December 2020.CNS ANNUAL SOCIOECONOMIC PAPER OF 2020.
27. Mazzola CA,Christie C, Snee IA, Iqbal H. Atlantoaxial subluxation in the pediatric patient: Case series and literature review. J Neurosci Neurol Disord. 2020; 4:069-074, November 2020.
28. Hansen RT, Hansen RA, Markosian C, Mazzola CA, Mammis A: Neurosurgery Community Engagement and Lessons Learned. World Neurosurg. 2020 Nov;143:579-580. Doi:10.1016 PMID: 33167119
29. Markosian C., Mazzola CA, Tomycz, LD. Gross Total Resection of Pediatric Cervical Intramedullary Ependymoma with D-Wave Monitoring: A Case Report. SN Compr. Clin. Med. (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42399-020-00618-0
30. Guthikonda B, Mazzola CA, Steinmetz MP, Cheng JS, Stacy JD, Wohns RN: Introduction. The importance of understanding the medicolegal climate in neurosurgery. Neurosurgical Focus. Volume 49 (2020): Issue 5 (Nov 2020): Medicolegal issues. neurosurgeryhttps://doi.org/10.3171/2020.8.FOCUS20765
31. Bauer DF, Baird LC, Klimo P, Mazzola, CA, Nikas DC, Tamber MS, Flannery MA. Congress of Neurological Surgeons Systematic Review and Evidence-Based Guidelines on the Treatment of Pediatric Hydrocephalus: Update of the 2014 Guidelines. Neurosurgery, https://doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyaa434 Published: 28 October 2020
32. Menger R, Esfahani DR, Heary R, Ziu M, Mazzola CA, LeFever D, Origitano T, Barnes T, Cozzens J, Taylor S. Contract Negotiation for Neurosurgeons: A Practical Guide. Menger Neurosurgery. 2020 Sep 15;87(4):614-619. doi: 10.1093/neuros/nyaa042.PMID: 32310279
33. Snee IA, Mazzola CA. C1-C2 subluxation after mild cervical spine trauma in a child: a case report; Surgical Case Reports doi: 10.31487/j.SCR.2020.07.17
34. Erdman CM, Christie C, Iqbal MO, Mazzola CA, Tomycz: The utilization of sodium fluorescein in pediatric brain stem gliomas: a case report and review of the literature. Childs Nerv Syst. 2020 Aug 11. doi: 10.1007/s00381-020-04857-3.
35. Iqbal H, Mazzola CA: Recurrent Torticollis and Cervical Subluxation in a Pediatric Patient. Surgical Case Reports doi: 10.31487/j.SCR.2020.08.02
36. Silva NA, Cerasiello SY, Herendeen JA, Sotayo A, Say I, Mazzola CA, Liu JK, Eloy JA. Gender Differences in NIH Grant Funding in Neurological Surgery. J Clin Neurosci. 2020 Oct;80:43-49. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2020.07.052. Epub 2020 Aug 17. PMID: 33099365
37. Cao M, Luo Y, Wu Z, Mazzola CAet al: Topological Aberrance of Structural Brain Network Provides Quantitative Markers of post-TBI Attention Deficits in Children. The preprint in perpetuity. medRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.06.12.20129890.this version posted June 16, 2020.
38. Zhang HJ, Silva N, Solli E, Ayala AC, Tomycz L, Christie C, Mazzola CA: Treatment options and long-term outcomes in pediatric spinal cord vascular malformations: A case report and review of the literature. Childs Nerv Syst. 2020 May 6. doi: 10.1007/s00381-020-04624-4.
NOTICE: This website is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice or as a substitute for a patient/physician relationship.
NJPNI is committed to creating a culturally diverse, inclusive and collaborative community for patients and their families, employees and associates where each person is celebrated and has a sense of equal belonging. See our DEI Statement Page for more information.
NJPNI does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, or on the basis of disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits of any of its programs and activities or in employment therein. This statement is in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Regulations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services issued pursuant to the Acts, Title 45 Code of Federal Regulations part 80, 84, and 91.